Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thoughts for Today

 Love

Gods Love is the only real love there is, anything else isn't really love. I have a best friend who I'm not sure understands his greatest command though. God wants us to love everyone the way he has loved us, you can still have some people that are more important and that you love more than others of course, because that is human nature in a way but that's no the point of this. The point is to take care of people who need your help whether they're your best friend or your worst enemy, and to make more friends. What I want her to understand is that Gods love is endless, loving through him is like a bottomless well of love. This means just because I love someone else doesn't mean I love other people any less, the love never runs out so that I can keep loving more and more people, to different extents in a way but of course still love. So to say, I love my best friend an extreme amount, only what I want her to understand is that loving other people isn't gonna take any of that love and care away from her.

Faith

"Faith by itself if it is not accompanied by actions is dead" James 2:17
A while ago my mom wrote a blog about faith and how shes never seen it, that's probably because we don't back up our faith with the visible, the deeds, our faith is dead because it isn't accompanied by action. My plan over the next weeks is to step by step not only pray to develop faith, but pray to act in a way that backs up this faith. 

A Real Christian

I went through James and looked at what it really means to be a Christian, to the side I made a list in my notes that looks like this:

  1. Trials are good because the testing of faith develops perseverance.
  2. Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test he will receive the crown reserved for those who love God.
  3. Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.
  4. Do not merely listen to the word and deceive yourself, do what it says.
  5. He who keeps the law but stumbles at points is guilty of breaking the whole law.
  6. Mercy triumphs over judgement. 
  7. Show me your Faith without deeds and I will show you my Faith by my deeds.
  8. If anyone is never at fault in what he says he is a perfect man and able to keep his body in check. 
  9. We praise God with the same tounge we use to speak evil, this should not be, salt water cannot flow from a fresh water stream.
  10. Come near to God for then He will come near to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment